Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 8th 2009: Up on the Sun

Alrighty. Real good show tonight, a lot of fun. I strayed from the format a little, second song(s) I played is a little old, but it's new to me as I only picked it up at the Titus/Ted Leo show a couple weeks ago. We had some guests in the studio for part of the show. Chelsea showed up, stayed around for most of it and we have a rare, but welcome, appearance from Derek of Der Ohrwurm. I also had the opportunity to air my interview with Cris Kirkwood, bass player/singer of legendary cow-punks the Meat Puppets. Real nice dude. Very funny, very open about his past missteps, and all in all gave real good answers to my (dumb) questions. I also briefly mentioned the license plate below (part of a new segment here on Methanol Cereal known as "Stupid Plates") and hanging out in Brooklyn on the Fourth of July. I might post a couple of the better pictures if I get a little more motivated. We'll see. Aaaanyway, here's this week's stuff...

** = new

#. title - artist - album - label - year (this is specific or vague as the information I have at hand)

1. Suburban Beverage - Real Estate - Suburban Beverage 7" - Underwater Peoples **
2. Every Time I See the Light Part 1 & 2 - Titus Andronicus - Titus Andronicus 7" - Merok - 2008

3. Jap Dad - UUVVWWZ - UUVVWWZ - Saddle Creek **
4. Can't Talk - Ty Segall - Lemons - Goner **
5. Wendy Wonders - Eugene McGuinness - Eugene McGuinness - Domino **
6. Death - Vivian Girls - Moped Girls 7" - For Us **

7. Eyes Like Ours - Tiny Vipers - Life on Earth - Sub Pop **
8. Colour Television - Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Primary Colours - Goner - 2008
9. With a Girl Like You - Condo Fucks - Fuckbook - Matador - 2009
10. Enemy Love Song - Meat Puppets - Rise to Your Knees - Anodyne - 2007

Cris Kirkwood Interview

11. Up on the Sun - Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun - Rykodisc - 1999 Reissue
12. Climbing - Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets II - Rykodisc - 1999 Reissue
13. Sewn Together - Meat Puppets - Sewn Together - Megaforce **

14. Candy Girl - Ganglians - Monster Head Room - Woodsist **
15. Morning Lights - Glenn Mercer - Wheels in Motion - Pravada - 2007
16. Chains - Pocahaunted - Chains - Teenage Teardrops - 2008

No comments: