I like to think Andy Warhol is somewhere, and he's laughing so hard that Campbell's Tomato Soup is coming out of his nose.
I should mention that yesterday, I engineered and spun music in the studio while Cold DJ Rigorous was at Real Art Ways in Hartford, interviewing artists, community members and the director of the place about stuff. I would play music between the interviews. Aside from a few small snafus, it went pretty smoothly. I don't know if he has a website, blog, myspace, etc etc to that I could link to, but I know Mr. Cold will be editing down his interviews into a couple public affairs segments to air on WHUS.
Anyway, here're the songs I played. For anyone who's taken a look at one of my playlists, they should realize that it's shit I play all the time, and that these were all pretty short songs. I tried with the first half to play some more hipster/arty stuff before switching over to stuff that isn't as...pretentious?
1. Nite Drive - Chromatics - PDX Pop Now 2008 - CD*
2. The Garden - Abe Vigoda - Skeleton - Post Present, CD, 2008*
3. The Greater Times - Electrelane - No Shouts, No Calls - CD, 2007
4. Hologram - Digital Leather - Sorcerer - Goner, CD, 2008*
5. Rolling Down the Hills - Glass Candy - B/E/A/T/B/O/X - Italians Do it Better, 2007
6. Peep-Hole - Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand - 1994
7. Hanging on the Telephone - Blondie - Parallel Lines - 1978
8. Gamma Ray - Beck - Modern Guilt - DGC, CD, 2008*
9. Run - Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple - Downtown, CD, 2008*
10. Paisley Pattern Ground - Black Hollies - Ernest Jennings, CD, 2008