Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 16 2008: I Hear the Siren(s)

Took a little while to get back on track, but here's the playlist from a couple weeks ago. This was the prelude to my trip to New York, and featured artists that were playing at the Siren Music Fest on Coney Island and of course, Theo Leo, who I was lucky enough to catch in Battery Park on the 17th. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to see These Are Powers at Siren, or A Place to Bury Strangers at the after party, but I thoroughly enjoyed the bands I did see (except for Jaguar Love, they sucked). I also had an extra 10-15 minutes on the air because Doc was stuck in traffic. If I remember correctly, I just sort of filled it with a ten minute War on Drugs song.

1. Ghost Ship in a Storm - Jim O'Rourke - Eureka - Drag City, CD, 1999
2. What I See - White Magic - Dat Rosa Mel Apibus - Drag City, CD, 2006
3. Winds - White Magic - Dark Stars EP - Drag City, CD, 2007

4. Land of the Freak - King Khan and the Shrines - The Supreme Genius of King Khan and the Shrines - Vice, CD, 2008 *
5. Baby, I'm Just a Fool - Spiritualized - Songs in A&E - Fontana, CD, 2008 *
6. Don't Hold Me Close - Spiritualized - Songs in A&E - Fontana, CD, 2008 *
7. Dog Island - Melvins - Nude with Boots - Ipecac, CD, 2008 *
8. U Feline - mrandmrsmays - mrandmrsmays - Hand Made, CD, 2008 *

9. Brainwave - Nomo - Ghost Rock - Ubiquity, CD, 2008 *


10. Colleen - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Living with the Living - Touch and Go, CD, 2007
11. Creeper - Islands - Arm's Way - Anti, CD, 2008
12. My Organ Sounds Like... - Jaguar Love - Jaguar Love EP - Matador, CD, 2008 *
13. Real Emotional Trash - Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash - Matador, CD, 2008
14. All the Years - Beach House - Devotion - Carpark, CD, 2008
15. Chipping Ice - These Are Powers - Taro Tarot - Hoss, CD, 2008

16. Makes Visible - These Are Powers - Terrific Seasons - Hoss, CD, 2007
17. Another Step Away - A Place to Bury Strangers - A Place to Bury Strangers - Killer Pimp, CD, 2007
18. I Know I'll See You - A Place to Bury Strangers - A Place to Bury Strangers - Killer Pimp, CD, 2007
19. Deer-Ree-Shee - Black Angels - Directions to See a Ghost - Light in the Attic, CD, 2008 *

20. All the Stars - Nomo - Ghost Rock - Ubiquity, CD, 2008 *

21. Show Me the Coast - The War on Drugs - Wagonwheel Blues - Secretly Canadian, CD, 2008 *

No comments: